Important Microsoft Price Changes
Microsoft made an announcement on Friday 21st October regarding significant pricing changes that will come into effect on 1st January 2017.
SBL wanted to make you aware of these changes as quickly as possible to enable us to start discussions around any up and coming renewals or software purchases you may be thinking about, to give us an opportunity to save you money where possible.
Microsoft has announced there will be price changes to harmonise its prices for enterprise software and cloud services within the EU/EFTA region.
From the 01st January 2017 Microsoft will make the following changes:
- On-premises enterprise software will increase by 13%
- Most Enterprise cloud prices will increase by 22%
The programs that will be affected are as follows:
New and Renewing customers
- Pricing adjustments for all customer’s including commercial, public sector and Academic
- Enterprise software and Cloud Services through the below agreements
- Enterprise Agreements
- Open Licence Agreement
- Open Value and Open value Subscription Agreement
- Microsoft Products and Services Agreement (MPSA)
- Select/Select Plus Agreements
- ISV Royalty and Distribution Agreement
- Service Provider Licence Agreement
- Cloud Solution Program
- Microsoft Online Subscription Program
Existing customers in an annuity volume licence program have price protection on any previously ordered products therefore the pricing increases will not affect these products. If there is a requirement to purchase new products under the annuity agreement on or after 1st January these will be subject to the new pricing.
We urge each of our customers to speak with your Microsoft specialist or the SBL Microsoft business to team to discuss the impact this will have on your agreements and how we can best support you prior to these changes.